Question
Posted by: Natalie | 2010/12/10

Supplements

I take a Multivitamin (Ciplaton), Lutein and the Anti aging pill from Solal, Calcium and Omega3 Supps from Clicks Supplements range and Evening Primrose Oil supps.

Trying to cover everything ... now I read about A Vogels Alkaline Powder (to reduce adicity in the body), Probiotics, Digestive aids, etc

Can you advise which of these things you think are vital ?

Dear Natalie
Except for a calcium supplement and the omega-3 supplement, individuals who eat a balanced diet do NOT need to take handfuls of vitamins and minerals. Unless you have been diagnosed with a nutrient deficiency like anaemia, you really don't have to take all these products! In fact recent research has indicated that excessive intakes of vitamins can be harmful. If you have digestive problems like irritable bowel syndrome or suffer from constant constipation then a probiotic like Bifidoforte is indicated, but otherwise just eat normal foods to obtain your nutrients.
Take care

2
Posted by: Natalie | 2010/12/10

I am in South Africa by the way - not UK as my email suggests ...

Reply to Natalie

Dear Natalie
Take care