Question
Posted by: SJ | 2010/01/12

Supplements

I would like to know if it is safe for me to use supplements for weight loss. I am currently on medication and need to know if it is safe. I am on Eltroxin for my thyriod and glucophage as I am glucose intolerant. I would like to use Muscle Science Ripped EFX but see that they state: " is a natural thyroid support complex designed to help maximize and sustain thyroid hormone production thereby helping to keep your metabolism in over& #8208 drive for 24 hour fat burning action." 

Any information will be appreciated.

Dear SJ
If you have thyroid problems and use glucophage for insulin resistance (?) then it is usually not a good idea to take any other compounds. For example most over-the-counter slimming products contain L-carnitine and L-carnitine should not be taken by anyone with thyroid problems as it suppresses thyroid function. The Muscle Science Ripped EFX probably also contains iodine or kelp and/or thyroxine (an amino acid) which may interfere with Eltroxin. Rather stick to your prescribed medications and combine them with a balanced, low-GI, low-energy diet and daily aerobic exercise to lose that weight and get your insulin resistance under control.
Rather safe, than sorry.

2
Posted by: Rosyln | 2010/02/25

Having a problem falling pregnant and low thyroid (t4).

Reply to Rosyln

Dear SJ
Rather safe, than sorry.