Question
Posted by: SJ | 2010-01-12

Supplements

I would like to know if it is safe for me to use supplements for weight loss. I am currently on medication and need to know if it is safe. I am on Eltroxin for my thyriod and glucophage as I am glucose intolerant. I would like to use Muscle Science Ripped EFX but see that they state: " is a natural thyroid support complex designed to help maximize and sustain thyroid hormone production thereby helping to keep your metabolism in over& #8208 drive for 24 hour fat burning action." 

Any information will be appreciated.

Hi SJ

No, it's not safe. Might not be harmful, but might not be safe - there is no research on them and so we can't say whether they are safe or not. As for "natural", well, marijuana is natural too, and heroin has natural origins, so that is no guarantee.

Generally, there is only risk involved when you start to mess with the body's hormones. Best case scenario, they won't work, worst case scenario, they'll harm you.

So I would save my money, and rather focus on your diet and exercise, because they do work. Supplements are so risky.

Ross

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010-01-20

Hi SJ

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc