Question
Posted by: Shaun | 2009-07-01

Supplements

I started working out in the gym, and feel better and look better every day.
" Just by eating properly and working hard" 

All my friends started using supplements some for weight loss, and some to gain weitht.

Questions 
Are supplements bad for you?
How many people use supplements in South Africa?
Do you have any medical record of any kidney, heart or liver failure?

Please advice.

Many thanks.

Kind regards.
Shaun

Expert ImageNatural health

hi

1. Supplements are actually beneficial for you. Vitamin A, D, E and K should not be used in excess as this is a fat soluble vitamin and excess is stored in the body. The Lancet (medial journal) has proved that a multivitamin a day can prevent chronic diseases. We also do not get enough nutrition in our diet anymore (soil is depleted) and this is what makes supplementation necessary.

2. I do not have the exact figure but can say that the Wellness industry is the next big thing in the world. meaning more and more people are looking at preventative health.

3. The side effects from natural supplements is very, very few especially compared to drugs.

Remember not all supplements are the same.
regards
Dr Debbie
www.drdebbie.co.za

1

Having been treated for Diarrhoea and dehydration from the 24 June 09. What can one use to regain my appetite and retain my wait.