Posted by: Tom | 2009-04-17

Judging by other posts similar to this, you seem to be very anti supplements. But which one do you think is more beneficial Creatine or protein.

HI Tom

Yes, I'm anti-supplements, for the most part. Not always, and there are exceptions, but usually the people who come here wanting to use supplements are relying on them to achieve results, and they haven't addressed diet or exercise. If that's the case, then you can take all the supplements in thew orld and they won't help. It's vital to remember that supplements by themselves don't do anything. In fact, they'll just make you fat, unless you train properly with them

The same goes for your options - you can take creatine, but if you're not training well, then it's a waste of money, and you'll only gain weight you didn't want. Proteins, exactly the same story. So either can be effective, but they must be added to a good training programme. I'd suggest protein first, although this depends entirely on the purpose for which you're using them. I'm not sure what that is - I assume to build muscle? If so, just bear in mind that you should already be making the most of your training before even considering them, otherwise it will be a waste of your money.