Posted by: M | 2009-01-14

All the best for 2009.Wishing you well.Just one question i would like to know your thoughts about Centrum.Is it a good option to consider if you want to take a supplement?I am a healthy person.

Your advice is much appreciated

Dear M
Thank you for your good wishes. I also hope that you have a wonderful 2009. Centrum is an excellent vitamin and mineral supplement. However you mention that you are healthy and I presume that you eat a balanced diet that includes all the food groups (?), so it is not really necessary in such cases to take vitamin and mineral supplements. In view of research results starting in 2007, the medical and nutrition fraternities have been cautioned not to encourage the intake of vitamin and mineral supplements unless a patient has clear-cut deficiencies (for example iron deficiency anaemia) or eats an unbalanced diet or is suffering from stresses (physical and psychological) or is taking chronic medication that depletes one or more nutrients, or is experiencing a period of rapid growth. If none of these conditions applies to you, then there is no need to take extra nutrients.