Question
Posted by: Rhea | 2013-02-14

Supplementation

Good day

I am a vegetarian with Metabolic Syndrome and an underactive thyroid.

I take a vitamin B12 injections regularly and upon advice of a dietitien a supplement of magnesuim and B complex.

At my leat visit the nurse recommended that I should rather take an injection which is a B12 combined with B vitamins. Is this an effective way to take the B vitamins.
Will I be getting what I require by taking the "  -|- tail"  and therefore don''t need the oral supplementation.

Also in the media thre has been recommendation that a food source supplement is more effective than the general supplements available. What is your advise?

Rhea

A recent study showed that there is no difference in taking oral Vitamin B complex, getting the injections or taking Vitamin B drops. Vitamin B injections do have the risk to cause nerve damage or an abscess. I suggest that you make use of oral vitamin B supplements.