Question
Posted by: Bambi | 2008/09/19

Supplement: Do i need them

Hi Doc,

I' m 34, been on a healthy eating plan for 5 weeks and lost 3.6kg' s, i exercise on average 3-4 times a week. During the 3rd week i was sssoooo pooopped, i was just tired constantly. I feel fine now and full of beans.

I have been encouraged to take supplements:
- omega 3 and 6
- magnesium
- multi vitamin
- calcium.

I was told stamino gro helps rebuild cells. Please advise.

Dear Bambi
Glad to hear that you have lost those 3.6 kgs - well done! Does your diet include carbs like bread, cereals, etc? If not, then your tiredness could be due to a lack carbs or fuel. I would recommend that you take the omega-3 supplement (we get enough omega-6 in our diets anyway), the magnesium and calcium (there is some research that indicates that a higher calcium intake promotes weightloss) daily, but the multivitamin only 3 times a week. Good nutrition that provides adequate supplies of protein, vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, and additional vitamins and minerals in supplement form if this should be necessary, will promote cell growth.
Keep up the good work

1
Posted by: Kasandra | 2008/09/19

The omega is very good the salmon taste just repeat on you the whole day. I found that multivit gave me appetite. My aunt told me about these vitamin b complex pills (got calcium) in as well. U ask the pharmacist at the back ~ R9.95 for 30 and you take 2 in the morning. Worked for me and also sorted out my constipation.

Reply to Kasandra