Question
Posted by: Cedric | 2010/06/10

supplement

This coming Saturday i''m leaving for MT Kilimanjaro Tanzania and I want to know if it will be neassesary to take a protein or muscle shake in the mornings and in the afternoons for muscle recovery and is the dairy products in the shakes good for you espesially at a altitute.?

Hi Cedric

It would be a good idea, but the problem is that you may not be used to it. Never a good idea to experiment with something new in such an environment. So unless you have a chance to try it out, perhaps in the first few days (not sure what your time-table is), I wouldn't risk it.

So I'd give it a try, see what happens. Usually, they're OK, and as long as you don't exercise too soon after taking the drink, you're ok. So if you took a supplement like that after exercise every evening, your recovery would be better.

If you have doubts, then consider ingestable tablets, to at least cut out the dairy.

Good luck!
Ross

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/06/10

Hi Cedric

Good luck!
Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc