Posted by: Miri | 2009-04-01

my 26 month old boy is 85cm and weighs 10.5 kg he has a good appetite eating small amounts oftern rather than big meals. He eats heathy food with mostly no fatty oils and sugars, he only has milo, rooibos black, water and diluted 50/50 fruit juice, i also got him rice cocoa for more calcium, also eats cheese, no yoghurt though. He does not fancy bread much and will eat oats, weetbix,maize porridge or sometimes corn flakes for breakfast. The paedi wants to see him in 3 m re esp his weight and maybe his height considering he is short for a family of mostly tall people and parents!

What can i give him until we see the paedi again to help increase growth and weight? i feel he could be on a good drink to give him extra vitamins etc? preferably something without cow' s milk as it makes him full of mucus.

What is your opinion on his height and weight?

Expert ImagePharmacist

I would suggest Pediasure as a strating point (it does however contain cows milk). This is available from most of the larger pharmacies.

I'd also suggest asking dietdoc (on this forum) for her opinion.

All of the best!