Question
Posted by: Suzie | 2010/07/06

Super itchy rash

Hi Doc!

I''ve had a rash type thing for weeks now. They look more like tiny bites (maybe fleas or bedbugs?) and it''s predominantly on my stomach but they are everywhere. I''ve recently discovered that my dad has a similar ''rash'' on his back and my boyfriend has it on his arms and legs. My boyfriend went to the doctor and was told it''s eczema, but surely this isn''t the case for all three of us? I''ve looked for bedbugs or fleas but haven''t found anything. I''m super itchy and it keeps me awake at night. What could this be and do you have any remedies for itchiness? It''s driving me crazy!

Thanks doc!
Suzie

Hi Suzie
It is so difficult for me to guess what it could be without seeing it! My guess would be scabies, hives or eczema - look at the pictures on http://dermatology.about.com/od/skindiseases/tp/rash_itch.htm to see if you can identify it?
Phenergan cream or lotion may help if it is an allergy (hives) or Stopitch cream (cortisone) may help if it is eczema, but if it is scabies you need something like Ascabiol or Tetmosol soap

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/07/06

Hi Suzie