Posted by: shireen | 2010-03-29

i am an indian female (31years) who has tried using numerous sunscreens ranging from spf15-30.
on using these sunscreens my face starts to burn and get darker. i also tried using the sunscreen in gel formation but this also does the same thing.
Then i tried using an expensive top brand skin cream with SPF and i still have the same problem.
Now i just use Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion. PLEASE HELP !

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that you get sunburned despite using these creams? Remember that sunscreen won't stop you tanning and burning - it just means that, when applied correctly, it protects your skin so that you can stay out longer in the sun before dangerous UV radiation takes effect. But the rule about avoiding the sun between 10am and 3pm in summer (some experts say between 9am and 4pm) applies whether you're wearing sunscreen or not. Hats, long sleeves and sunglasses are also important for protection.