Question
Posted by: pg | 2011/12/06

sunscreen for eczema baby

hi
my son is 22 months and has eczema.
i use locoid and elidel to control it.
we going to cape town for xmas and would like to know which sunscreen i should use on him....
somethiing thats safe for eczema, does not burn and provides maximum protection from sun.....

any other tips for eczemza while on holiday will be appreciated.
many thanks

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi PG - Generally try to stay away from products containing alcohol, fragrance or preservatives which are the usual culprits when it comes to upsetting skin. I've had some good feedback regarding "Environ Rad sunscreen", "Annique Baby Sun Block", "Dermasure Sunactiv" and a product called "Dr. Hauschka Natural Sunscreen".

Unfortunately it'll have to be trial and error, since some of these products work for some, but not others.

Also be careful with the amount of sun you expose your son to - Particularly since the SPF of some of these are not very high.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/12/07

Reply to pharmacist