Question
Posted by: dot | 2012/01/11

sunscreen &  SPF

Does sunscreen of a higher SPF contain higher percentages of titanium dioxide? I was told by an Environ agent that I shouldn''t be using sunscreens with a SPF of more than 15, because it contains more of the " dangerous stuff"  that causes more damage to your skin.

Dot

Sun damage will cause irreversable damage to your skin. If you are exposed to the sun, you should cover up and opt for a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. Titanium dioxide is not harmful to the skin and a sunscreen with a higher SPF, will contain more zinc oxide, also not harmful to the skin.