Posted by: Fagrodeen | 2009-08-20

Sunblock for acne skin

May i use a moisterising product before applying a sunblock, is it safe to do so and won' t it cause any more irritation to my skin or do one use a sunblock alone.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Fagrodeen, thank you for the question and my apologies for the long delay with my response but I was away presenting a talk for Longevity magazine.

The order of the moisturizer and the SPF is not really important but most people apply the moisturizer first and then the SPF. Please remember that SPF is not a moisturizer and one should apply the two together to get both of their intended benefits. I am not sure what you mean with the word ‘irritation’ but the two products should not produce any reaction on the skin. If you suffer from pimples or similar when applying the two together then you may have enlarged pores and one should treat them and use only oil free moisturizers and oil free SPF.