Posted by: Barry | 2009-01-05

Sun Stroke

The other day my girlfriend randomly started feeling nauseous and sickly, and started vomiting, with pains just below her chest, upper stomach. She gets leg cramps as well as headaches but we not sure if they related.
It started on Thursday after we went to a public pool, we were in the sun the whole day, and she apparently said she swallowed water from the pool as well.
She has felt sick since Thursday, with no signs of it easing up, she has vomited through out the days as well. Could it be a mild case of sun stroke?

Dear Barry
I think she may have a stomach bug. Sun stroke symptoms are fairly acute - the patient is hot with a dry skin, can be confused, has a fast pulse, seems pale. Rather let her see a doctor, she may need an antbiotic prescription.

Posted by: NN | 2009-01-05

The nausea and vomiting sound like sun stroke. Believe me, I have sun stroke. I got burnt last Weds and my skin is still red and burning. i can barely sit down without it hurting.

Reply to NN