Posted by: Nina | 2009-09-21

sun spots - IPL treatment

I have brown sun spots, some pigmentation and small red veins on my face. My beauty therapist has suggested I have IPL (intense pulsed light) treatment to treat this. Is IPL safe, i.e. are there any risks of damage to the skin on my face like scarring, worsening of pigmentation etc?
Thank you.

Hallo Nina
Just get a very experienced and reputable person to do this, preferably a dermatologist.
dr Bets

Posted by: Nina | 2009-09-23

Hello Dr. Bets,
Thank you very much for your response. I appreciate it very much. My beauty therapist works from my dermatologist' s rooms and in conjunction with him, so I should be safe in their hands. Just wanted to know other medical professionals opinions (like yours). One can never be too careful when it comes to your skin!
Kind Regards,

Reply to Nina