Question
Posted by: Debbie | 2009/10/30

Sun safety

How safe is in to lie in the sun maybe once a week, for about 2hours with a sunscreen of SPF7? How can I prevent my face from getting more freckles?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Debbie, thank you for the question.

In a nutshell the answer to your question is: NOT safe at all, as the accumulative UV damage over time will result in collagen and elastin damage and increase your chance of skin cancer.
The appearance of freckles is your skin’s way of naturally protecting itself from UV rays but more importantly it indicates that you have a higher propensity for skin cancer and that you will age faster than your darker skin counterparts. Your best approach would be to avoid the sun as much as possible, use a hat and/or umbrella and to avoid outdoor activities between 11:00 am and 3:00 pm.
Most importantly I would consider using the Heliocare SPF tablets as they increase your own skin’s SPF by 3 fold and to use a SPF 50 or higher (Heliocare SPF50) that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide applied several time daily.
Please remember that you will still develop a tan with a SPF 50 but it will take a little longer

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2009/10/31

Hi Debbie, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert