Posted by: Bee | 2009-01-27

Sun protection for dog

This might sound strange, but we have a 7month old bulldog puppy and half of her face has white hair. She loves playing outside, but on hot days, when she comes in you can see the skin under her white hair being almost burnt, very pink. Is there sun protection for dogs?

Dear Bee

Posted by: Jade | 2009-01-27

Hi Bee

My Jack Russell has no pigmentation on his one eyelid and I take him to the Animal Eye Clinic in Fourways. They give him a special non irritant sunscreen called Artistry which I apply daily. However if your dog does not have this problem specifically with her eye, you can pick up a sunscreen from your local vet, I know that Kyron does a spray on one.

Reply to Jade