Posted by: Anon | 2010-09-28

Sun City Springbreak

If your kid was let to go to Sun City during Springbreak, I think you better ask him/ her what they really got up to. I seen teens making out like mad, in each others rooms coming out half naked, having oral sex by the pools and yes, in the corners of the after parties. Sun City became SIN CITY. I dont think they should allow this sort of thing if they cant keep control of the situation. If you were there on Friday night inside the Entertainment Centre, at about 2am, you would know what I am talking about. So many policemen were called in to help control the many fights there were. There was blood on the fllors in the bathroom cause someone got stabbed in the head. Cops and security were running around trying to stop fighting that broke up at so many different places. Never will I go again during that weekend nor allow my kid to go again.

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi there,

it sounds like you had an experience straight out of Lord of the Flies! Young people do need their freedom, but they stil need parental guidance and boundaries.

It may be a good idea to contact Sun City and let them know about your experiences.

Posted by: Anon | 2010-09-28

You are correct. But why do they hold Miss SA Teen during Sun City Springbreak... Teens mixing wihth Teenagers...
Miss SA Teen should definitely be held some other time

Posted by: Nikki | 2010-09-28

Well, this is because spring break is supposed to be a thing for young adults (student age) who are mature and able to think for themselves. I do not think that it is a place for a teenager at all as there is obviously a lot of alcohol involved. Teenagers aren''t supposed to be going ''away'' on their own anyway, in my honest opinion, as they still need some form of adult supervision.

Reply to Nikki