Posted by: NN | 2009-01-05

Sun burn and blisters - ouch!!!!!

I was tanning the back of my body last Thurs. my skin is still red to a point it almost looks purple. The problem I have is that I was tanning in a g-string and because my bum is so sensitive, I have blisters on my bum. I try and pop them but they keep on coming back. My bum constantly burns and a yellow liquid comes out when i pop the blisters. i cannot sit down and have to wear loose clothing. I feel like crying because it hurts so much. What can i do to get rid of the blisters as well as the pain?

Dear NN
Stop popping the blisters - they are going to get infected! You have second degree burns on your bum. Buy paraffin gauze - put Bactroban ointment or Silver sulfadiazine burn ointment thickly on the open sores and cover with paraffin gauze, then put dry cotton gauze over that and wear a full panty to keep it in place (you buy the throwaway kind at some pharmacies) The silver sulfadiazine ointment stains everything black, so wear old dark clothes and sleep on a dark towel. Do not pull the dressings off to replace with clean dressings, get in the bath with dressings and soak it off gently in warm water. Put a capful of Dettol or Savlon in the bathwater with a 1/2 cup of salt. If it gets very red or you see pus discharging and you feel feverish, see a doctor immediately.

Use voltaren gel on the red but NOT broken skin on your back, and take an anti-inflammatory tablet like Brufen 200mg three times a day if you are not allergic to any medication. You can also take pain medication like Panado or Dolorol Forte with the Brufen.

Let me know how it goes?

Posted by: tazz | 2009-01-24

i was working in the sun and i got blisters on my nose what do i do to make it go away?

Reply to tazz