Posted by: babu | 2010-06-09

Sum1 enlighten me

This guy and I have been friends for a couple of years now. We’ ve gone thru a lot together, had a few fights &  made up immediately afterwards. I Could say we’ re each other’ s best friends, the thing is lately he’ s been talking us getting married in passing. I do love him dearlybut I’ m not sure if he’ s hinting that he wants 2 b more than friends or what. How do I tackle asking him what it is that he’ s really asking without having to embarrass him or putting him in a tight corner?

you need to handle this situation carefully as you may stand to lose your best friend in it. the longer it goes on, the more his feelings will grow and he will assume that u approve of all this marriage talk. when he brings it up next you can jokingly mention how ur not ready to get married or that your still waiting for mr right. dont lead him on if u genuinely donot see yourselves getting together. if your unsure how you feel about him romantically, your'l could talk about dating and taking things slow. being best friends and being a girlfriend and boyfriend are two different things.

Posted by: babu | 2010-06-10

I hear what u''re saying Tom, but some things are of a sensitive nature and 1 needs to be careful when addressing them. This could make or rattle our relationship hense my concern.
Johnny, I''ve done a lot of that and each time I came to the same conclusion. I''m not ready for anything romantic let alone marriage. Now all I have to do is take the bull by the horns and pray to Almighty it doesn''t see me as a threat.

Reply to babu
Posted by: Johnny Bravo | 2010-06-10

Introspection is recommended in this case dear! aren''t you in a tight corner?

Reply to Johnny Bravo
Posted by: Tom | 2010-06-09

If you know each other for so long and have been through so much together, it is only reasonable to that you should be able to communicate well with each other! So, open and honest communication is required here-engage openly, be honest and to the point-what else in life matters?

Reply to Tom