Question
Posted by: sugar | 2010/06/09

Sum 1pls enlighten me

Hi CS
This guy &  I have been friends for a couple of years now. We’ ve gone thru a lot together, had a few fights &  made up immediately afterwards. I Could say we’ re each other’ s best friends. The thing is, lately (in the past 7 mnths) he’ s been talking us getting married even though we’ re not at that space &  am not sure if it''s being said as a joke or for real. I do love him but I’ m not sure if he’ s hinting that he wants 2 b more than friends or what. How do I tackle asking him what it is that he’ s really asking without having to embarrass him or putting him in a tight corner?

Only by asking him can you discover whether this is a serious suggestion or not. Asking doesn't need to embarrass him or put him in a tight corner - you can just say you're not sure what he means when he says these things, and you'd like to know if he's serious in this respect, or if he's happy to continue as friends without going further

1