Question
Posted by: Lucy | 2012/06/21

Sulphur and Gluten Free

I have a a gluten and sulphur allergy thats cause edema in my legs where can I get help for this.

Dear Lucy
I am so sorry to hear that you suffer from gluten and sulphur allergies and that they cause oedema in your legs. I trust that you are under the care of a medical doctor who will prescribe the necessary medications to counteract the symptoms of the sulphur allergy. It is also essential to consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), to help you with a diet prescription that avoids both gluten and sulphur, but still provides you with all the nutrients you require for good health. For additional assistance click on 'Diet and Nutrition' at the top of this page and then on 'Allergy & intolerance'. You can also contact the Allergy Association in SA, by visiting their Website at: www.allallergy.net to find out more about allergies. The Allergy Association Website lists the foods that you need to avoid if you have a specific allergy. For recipes you can try the 'South African Cookbook for Food Allergies & Food Intolerance" by Hilda Lategan. Contact Hilda Lategan, who is also a dietitian, on (012) 546-6410) or send her an e-mail at: mwhildal@mweb.co.za .

1

Dear Lucy