Question
Posted by: miekie | 2010/09/14

Sukkel om te vergeet, vertrou nie maklik nie

Sedert my hartaanval, met cabg daarna, 3 stents later die afgelope 2 jaar vertrou ek mediese dr. en personeel nie veel nie. Is dit angs wat dit veroorsaak of my slegte kinderjare. Moes vroeg grootword en verantwoordelikheid aanvaar. Is in mate ook hiper oor netheid en hiegië ne. Het gedurig vir verpleegpeersoneel gevra om hande te was voor my wonde skoongemaak word.(Het in elk geval infeksie oor my sternum gekry waar ek weer terug teater toe moes gaan om wonde te heg) Private Hospitaal. Was ook meer as 10 jaar by dieselfde gp waaroor ek baie spyt was. Ek het haar al my simptome van hartprobleme vertel en tog het sy my nie geglo nie. Als aan angs en neurose toegeskryf. Ek was angstig wat ek kry anginas, doodnormaal! Hoe vertrou ek weer? O ja, was al by sielkundige ens. Drink 3x Urbanol 10mg en saans 1Lexamil 20 mg.
Geniet u dag, groete vir katjie

Heart diseases of the sort you describe are "caused" or made more likely by many different factors, including diet, inheritance, exercise, and your tate of mind ( highly stressed and depressed people have more such problems ).
Whatever happened in your childhood will not have caused it ( unless perhaps you ate a most peculiar diet ) but how you react to the events of your childhood might play a part.
And family history ( the extent to which others in the family had relevant and similar problems ) is significant, even though you can't change it.
Having had surgery myself, I know that the standards of nursing in SA these days are highly variable, and can be worrying if you know enough to know what is needed.
The relationship between anxiety and cardia problems can be complex, too. As you say, of course having angina and oher symptoms would easily make an intelligent person anxious, and could make the symptoms more severe, too. And I wish doctors wouldn't keep making the false assumption that symptoms must be caused by EITHER physical OR psychological factors, when they are usually BOTH.
So you've clearly had some frightening, disappointing experiences, and its understandable that you would want to be able to trust your doctors, but might not always find that easy.
Unfortunately, as I found myself, one has to persevere to find the right doc, or one is in more danger. MY first 2 ops were done by someone who worried me ( but for various reasons I had no choice ) and a post-op infection nearly caused me to lose my arm. Fortunately, I found an excellent surgeon for the last op, and he seems to have sorted it out properly at last.
Cat says she's sorry to hear of your troubles, having had similar difficulties herself, when she was spayed at a young age, but now discovered her ovaries were left intact, and all she has to show for the op is a hernia !

1