Question
Posted by: Taz | 2010/03/01

Suitable make up for excema skin  -(

Hi doc

I didnt see a page for a dermatologist on here so thought Id ask you.
Im 27, female and suffer from excema. I had it as a child and has flared up again as an adult, for the past 5 years or so. I only use products with no fragrance and no colour, and this helps. My problem is make up. I cant use anything on my face as it flares up, especially my cheeks and eyelids. I have tried chromium and nickel free products, natural plant extract products, etc but I still flare. Do you know of a make up range that is tailor made for allergy prone or excema prone skin? I work in Front of House in a hotel so I need to wear make up.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Taz

Hallo Taz
Clinique products are usually less irritating but I would suggest you go to a reputable beauty salon and ask them to examine your skin and maybe let you try some samples of different hypoallergenic brands before you decide which to use. ( Try it on the inside of your arm )Just remember to throw away the old make up brushes as it may still contain irritants from previous makeup. These products are usually very expensive -be prepared!!

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/03/01

Hallo Taz

Reply to cyberdoc