Question
Posted by: ItsOver | 2008/11/17

Suicide advice

It is over for me.

I need someone to advise me on how to do it.
I have two options, and I am not sure which one to use.

I have about 125 Somnil sleeping pills, and a gun.
I don’ t want to use the gun, cause I don’ t want my family to be stuck with the mess, but I’ m scared shitless of what the pills will do.

Please do not try to convince me NOT to do it, because I am past that point. Just tell what I will experience with the pills and whether 125 pills are enough to kill me.

I understand that it may feel to you as though it's over, but it is not so, and need never be so. And of cours you know we are not going to advise you on how to "do it", any more than if you were planning to murder anyone other than yourself.
NEITHER method is certain, and BOTH have, like any other method, however sure they may look, a major risk of leaving you with every problem you have now, plus a major deformity or health problem. NOT a good idea, however gloomy things look. And you arfe right to recognize that whatever the method, it would cause not only great grief but horrible trauma to those who find you ( who might not only be members of your immediate family or friends ) and a lasting risk to them, too.
I'm not going to try to convince you NOT to do it, but I really don't believe you have given yourself a fair chance, to work with the right shrink to get things sorted out and find the reasons for continuing to live. I have been in many desperate and tragic situations myself through my life, but have never wanted to allow myself to be defeated by these situations, or by lesser people. YOU deserve better than the fate you are considering for yourself. DO see a good shrink, directly ( you presumably have been workign with some ? ) or through the nearest hospital or casualty. Be fair to yourself, even if other people or life itself doesn't seem to have been fair so far.

54
Posted by: Rikka | 2008/11/17

I am ending off this post and chat with the following:

1) If you want to commit suicide, do what you want to, don' t go about asking other people how, what and where.

2) Don' t always expect people to feel as sorry for you as you do for yourself.

3) Don' t blame others for your problems.

4) Always read product labels - if it states that it could kill you - don' t be afraid - SUE THEM!! I know I' m going to sue Marlboro - my smokes say: " Danger, smoking can kill you" , yet I continue to smoke - which is self inflicted, which is suicide really, and they are assisting in my suicide due to the fact that they TELL me it could kill me, yet they still sell it to me!!

5) Don' t get all worked up by other people' s bullsh*t.

6) Relax, take it eeeeeaaaasssssyyyy!

Bye!!

Reply to Rikka
Posted by: penny | 2008/11/17

Atten: Annon have u been in this type of situation yourself. Please speak to prof doctors and they will tell you they have no time for ppl that do this as doctors are there to save ppl that are ill eg cancer heart etc. this man cud get help before its too late but if you read his letter No. 1. he says there straight do not try CONVINCE me otherwise. When i had these experiences i had no idea what was happening not fore warning that i was going to go that Monday afternoon to identify my husband or no warning that i was going home to a son nearly half dead. they never said to me Mom/wife today im going to do so and so they both just left letters asking for forgiveness for what they had done. So nothing can prepare one for death but nothing can be worse than a suicide of a loved one.

Reply to penny
Posted by: RIkka | 2008/11/17

Thanx Anon.

Reply to RIkka
Posted by: penny | 2008/11/17

I did tell i would meet him anytime and give a good doctor but have had no response. Im done with him when i think of people that are really ill fighting to live and his attitude towards life then makes one wonder hope he lets his wife read all this before its too late as im sure she will get the professional help he needs,. Njoy the rest of the day.

Reply to penny
Posted by: RIkka | 2008/11/17

No " State Prosecutor" , I have no worries.

My " positive advice"  to you is not to pretend to be a state prosecutor. Do you know that pretending to be one is " impersonating a government official" ?!?!

I can give you a list of more than a hundred things that can kill you, it' s up to YOU to take it or not.

Why don' t you join the government, become a real state prosecutor and do something with your life.

Good luck to YOU!

Reply to RIkka
Posted by: Anonymous | 2008/11/17

There are cruel ways in doing thing that better ways also your choice at least the person with better advice would have a better nights rest should things go wrong. being cruel is cruel and being kind won' t do harm.

Posted by: anon | 2008/11/17

you guys should carry on chatting on this forum as it is keeping " its over"  busy with defending his spineless self, and forgetting the original point, from wanting to kill himself to wanting to kill poor Rikka for having an opinion.... shame no prizes for guessing who has a problem here!!!!

suicide is not an answer to any problem, if you wanted to do it, you would not ask people publically as you know they WOULD try and stop you, this is a desperate cry for help - and not how to do it, but for someone to talk you into NOT doing it... and yes you are right, commiting suicide will take you straight to hell, now think - is living and sorting out your problems worse or commiting suicide - going to hell and burning for the rest of eternety being tormented... a better option?????

Reply to anon
Posted by: State Prosecutors Advice | 2008/11/17

Penny, I' m truly and honestly sorry for what you' ve been through, but surely that gave you some insight in the matter to help out this guy, instead of dissing him? Why dont you try some positive advice?

Rikka, I' m done talking to you. Please consider my brief discription of law as a matter of interest. You can choose NOT to follow my advice, it' s up to you.
I think you have greater worries than my homework.
Goodluck.

Reply to State Prosecutors Advice
Posted by: penny | 2008/11/17

Attn State Prosecutor Advise. I lost a husband of 23 years beacuse of suicide he wud not go for help i spoke to doctors they all said they same after he attempted it 4 times before and got it right the 5th time Tell him to go do at the mortuary closes to our home. I had to drag him out a gassed filled car and the doctor wud not help. My son almost got it right to kill himself but thank God i found a good Doctor and with the Lord and the Doctors medication he is doing ok he has his ups and downs as does all bio polar ppl but at least we are getting help he may be 14 years older now but a responsible adult that has never forgotten what hell i went thru with his fathers death then nearly him, So please dont tell me I have no feelings or what if" s someone said this or that, its a choice ppl make in life and if a person is determined to do now or attempt time and time again till they get it right THAT person will do it eventually. Somestimes one has to be cruel to be kind to people who feel like ItsOver to pull them to there senses. So please dont judge people who have been there you are not alone there are many of us with unanswerd questions, Yes 14th November was my husbands anniversary 14 long years and having to walk with guilt because of unkind people pointing fingers is no joke, but i try be strong and strug if off but it Hurts like hell.

Reply to penny
Posted by: Soul | 2008/11/17

It' sOver, don' t do it you will get through this. I know and understand that this is hard on you. But it' s not worth it, you have so many ppl in your life that love you and will be there for you. Don' t be in a hurry to end your life when you haven' t given this a try. Life is so short don' t end it sooner.

Reply to Soul
Posted by: Stompie | 2008/11/17

I like this Rikka chick!!

Reply to Stompie
Posted by: Rikka | 2008/11/17

ItsOver,
Stop trying to blame others for your problems!!! Whether you shoot yourself, hang yourself or drink panado' s/disprins/sleeping tablets/immodiums (oh sorry, I should drink those, you are giving me a sh*t) , I was nowhere near you!
So do what you want, it' s YOUR choice, and you already stated in the first message you posted that you ARE going to commit suicide, and that we should not convince you otherwise. So to you and the " alledged"  state prosecutor, go do your homework.

Reply to Rikka
Posted by: HomeWard | 2008/11/17

Who is this Rikka person. Geeeees!

Reply to HomeWard
Posted by: ItsOver | 2008/11/17

Thank you St. Pr.

I sincerely appreciate the advice, and i will reconsider, but if i decide to go through with it, I' ll take Rikka down with me.

Who knows, last time she advised someone (and you weren' t here), she got away with it. The point that she must understand is, in such a case - SHE DOES HAVE BLOOD ON HER HANDS!

Reply to ItsOver
Posted by: Soul | 2008/11/17

I have to agree with STA.

As for you Rikka I sure as hell wouldn' t want you to be my nurse, you very unstable.

Reply to Soul
Posted by: Rikka | 2008/11/17

So it' s also assisted suicide for a bottle of poison to specifically note that it is extremely dangerous to consume and that you could die doing so?! This is NO state prosecutor talking here, if it were, you would realise that you are talking bull.
And what about his threat towards me? There you go, intimidation case no 1.
And unfortunately due to special anti-virus and anti-hacking programmes, you WON' T find me.
And another point. We are a country that promotes freedom of expression. I' m allowed to have my own opinion.
So you should be scared shitless of making a poeph*l of yourself.
Goodbye

Reply to Rikka
Posted by: State Prosecutors advice | 2008/11/17

I am shocked and appalled by what I see in this posting.

I lost a son to suicide and it absolutely broke my heart. To this day, I cannot seem to get the image of him, hurt like that out of my head.

Shame on you Rikka and Penny, for treating someone who is obviously in pain, and looking for answer, the way you did.

God forbid one of you two should ever lose a child to suicide.

Penny, what would you have said to someone who said this to your husband before he committed suicide?

Rikka, if you are on the discussion forum of this site, you should know better than to attempt a ‘ tough love’  strategy on a ‘ patient’  you do not even know.

What Anonymous said regarding assisted suicide, was actually not ridiculous at all.

ItsOver:
I beg of you, for the sake of you wife, friends and family to reconsider. If you do decide to go through with Rikka’ s Panado plan, I suggest you print out this posting and keep it with you alongside your suicide note.

I AM A STATE PROSECUTOR AND I CAN ASSURE YOU, Rikka can spent up to 8 years in prison for assisted suicide. She might feel safe because she is doing this over the internet, but what she must realize is that EVERY page one visits on the web, leaves a clear trace. Any specialist worth his salt will be able to trace her in less the 20 minutes, whether she is somewhere at an office, an internet café , or even her house.

Rikka: If I were you, I would be scared shitless, if he does decide to go through with this, you are going to have great problems. I suggest you do what you can to fix the problem.

Freedom of speech is a human right in South Africa, but assisted suicide, is closer to murder, than Disprin to Panado.

Reply to State Prosecutors advice
Posted by: Mom | 2008/11/17

Oh my!!!!

Its over - chill ok? Being gay and loving your wife is not as uncommon as you think. Killing yourself will destroy her more than you being gay!

Rikka - keep going, you an inspiration to us all.

My ex threatened suicide, so I threw a packet of razor blades at him and told him go ahead, 9 years later, he is still an oxygen thief.

Suicide is a cowards choice, you seem stronger than that. You cant love your wife and do this, thats terribly cruel.

Think about it ok? You not as alone as you feel.

Reply to Mom
Posted by: Anonymous | 2008/11/17

I just know the law.

Its over, you only get one oppertunity living and you could decide to give it your best or blow it. May you have a great day cause over a while you could feel better.

Posted by: penny | 2008/11/17

Thanks honey. Mr Itsover i will meet you anytime you want to then we will see who is dissing who, Oh and for the record, Annon nobody shud be made to feel guilty for another idiot who supposedly is calling for help but says its over. I Will give u a good Dr" s name as i have a Bio polar son that was brought on by the tragic death of his father but at least from a early age of just 14 years i have taken him and now as an adult he goes for his medical check ups and adheres to all the rules laid down by the doc he is a happyu person, As we all know Bio polar cant be cured but these people who want to be helped are kept under control.

Reply to penny
Posted by: Rikka | 2008/11/17

I have things to do. ItsOver, post here tomorrow morning and tell us if you are still kicking...

Bye Bye.

Reply to Rikka
Posted by: ItsOver | 2008/11/17

HeeHee!! You call US bitter!?!! Look at yourself, you are a total mess.

Your wife is better off without an ar*ehole like you.
You go around threatening people. You sound like a wife-beater. She probably left YOU.

You really aren' t well. I' m actually part of one of the discussion forums, and look in at the other forums every now and then, and I haven' t seen someone as screwed up as you in a long time.

Good luck for the future, you NEED it!

Reply to ItsOver
Posted by: ItsOver | 2008/11/17

Depends on what/who makes you cry doesn' t it. Is it so hard for you to comprehend, that every person deals with his/her problems in diff ways. For a nurse your not that smart.

I know exactly what your and Penny' s problem is. Your bitter. You feel you' ve been dealt a bad deal.

Now you spend your entire day on Health24 dissing other people with problems, in an attempt to make yourself feel better.

If you have guts, i dare you to call me, so that we can sort this out somewhere a little less public.

Reply to ItsOver
Posted by: Rikka | 2008/11/17

Dear Anonymous.
If you read the whole story, you would see that I tried to tell that poeph*l not to kill himself, but did advise him that if he really wanted to go through with it, Panado' s would be best. If a bottle of Die Ant - Ant poison - tells you that it' s highly poisonous, are they also assisting in someone' s suicide attempt?!?! Don' t be rediculous.

Penny

You sound like a wonderfull and very strong person. All the best for the future. Hope we' ll bump into each other again.
All my love.

Reply to Rikka
Posted by: penny | 2008/11/17

Thanks Rikka so nice to chat to someone with compassion and understanding, if i dont come on line again for awhile Have a lovely Christmas and all the best......

Reply to penny
Posted by: Anonymous | 2008/11/17

If it could be proven in court that you adviced somebody in a method to kill themself you are guilty on assisting suicide so maybe rather advice help or be quite for your own and the other person' s sake.

Posted by: Rikka | 2008/11/17

ItsOver - I think you should go for Anger Management before attempting suicide. I AM a girl, so I' m allowed to cry like one... You on the other hand....

Reply to Rikka
Posted by: RIkka | 2008/11/17

Assisted suicide I would say is like that Doctor Kevorkian - the Russian doctor who actually sat by and gave the people their death coctail.
I could tell you that you should drink Cyanide or Ant Poison, and that you' ll die if you do. It' s up to you to go purchase it, and drink it.

Reply to RIkka
Posted by: Rikka | 2008/11/17

Penny, I don' t think the suicide of a loved one is something one can really ever get over completely.
At least you have your kids and grandkids, and although you feel like you burden them, I' m sure they don' t feel that way at all. I' m sure they in turn feel that they don' t want to burden you with their feelings.
And I don' t know if this is appropriate, but I hope that a man comes along who sweeps you off your feet and brings you joy and happiness in your life. We all need love, and I hope you find it again.

Reply to Rikka
Posted by: Anonymous | 2008/11/17

When is it assisting suicide?

Posted by: penny | 2008/11/17

Hey itsOver you are a self centred attention seeking idiot and yes go and do yourself in which ever way u choose hope it works for u Spineless Coward

Reply to penny
Posted by: ItsOver | 2008/11/17

If i get you, you' ll be the one crying like a little girl.....

Reply to ItsOver
Posted by: Rikka | 2008/11/17

I' m glad I could have been on service ItsOver.

And F*ck you Too, thanx.
I can clearly see you are Gay, you complain and cry like a little Girl.

Get over yourself. If you REALLY wanted to commit suicide, you would have gotten your Panado' s already.

Reply to Rikka
Posted by: penny | 2008/11/17

Rikka, the past 14 years have revolved around my children and now my 2 grandchildren, I' ll never let myself get into a relationship again. its not worth it. yes ppl are always quick to judge. Yes life can be lonely at times because one can not always burden ones children as they have their lives to live but im doing ok i think. EXCUSE ME ? Rikka is just stating a fact not encouraging this idiot to do anything as the saying goes YOU CAN TAKE A HORSE TO THE WATER but u cant make him drink. And my attitude to people who threaten to do it. Is do it BUT but please we dont want to know about it. Nobody shud feel guilty for someone else taking their lives.

Reply to penny
Posted by: ItsOver | 2008/11/17

F**k you Rikka you cold hearted b**ch for finding other ppl' s misery amusing.

I' m NOT looking for attention. I need SERIOUS help..
Where else that cyberdoc and cybershrink can a guy find help without paying an arm and a leg.

You were right with what you said earlier. You do have worst problems than me. If you cant be compasionate, what the hell are you doing here???

And by the way, you do have blood on your hands, cause i' ve done some research about panado' s, and turns out your right. Nothing works better. Thx for the tip!

Reply to ItsOver
Posted by: RIkka | 2008/11/17

Hello ?.
Well mabe if I bought the Panado' s and fed it to him, yes, but if someone wants to commit suicide, nobody and nothing is going to stop him. The guy says he has a gun too. So he can shoot himself, or hang himself, or O.D, whatever, if he' s going to do it, he might as well get some advice. This guy has posted the same question on a couple of websites,including CyberDoc etc. Seems like he' s looking for attention, not a way to kill himself....

Reply to RIkka
Posted by: ? | 2008/11/17

Rikka - you' re a nurse, and you' re advising someone how to kill himself? Would that not make you a murderer?

Reply to ?
Posted by: Rikka | 2008/11/17

I work with a lady who had the same experience. She has two teenaged sons. She has never gotten into a relationship with any man again. She simply lives for her children, and it' s been about 9 years now. It must be extremely hard.
Nobody knows the actual reason for his suicide, or the circumstances as she never speaks of it and nobody ever asked, but a couple of people have already mentioned the fact that if she was " there"  for him, he wouldn' t have commited suicide. It is very unfair to judge and say that she could have prevented it, who knows what was going on in her husbands head at the time, but people do wonder.
So I get where you are coming from.
I hope that you are doing o.k now and that you have gotten your life on track again.

Reply to Rikka
Posted by: penny | 2008/11/17

Thanks Rikka i just get so the helling when i hear these type of stories from all the hurt and pain and humiliation i have had to endure all these years,

Reply to penny
Posted by: slr | 2008/11/17

get a divorce, stay friends with your wife, and start dating men.

you don' t have such a big problem. the church has put you in this mess, by preaching doom and gloom if you don' t happen to be straight.

zillions of gay men used to be married, moved on after realising their true self, and are now happy and fulfilled.

Reply to slr
Posted by: Rikka | 2008/11/17

Penny, you are SO right. Doctors and nurses don' t see an attempted suicide as urgent as any other emergency in Casualties. They come accross it so often, and being self inflicted, they attend to all the other patients first before looking at the O.D patient.

Reply to Rikka
Posted by: penny | 2008/11/17

you shud stop thinking about yourself but start thinkin about the pain u are gonna cause on the ones left behind. my husband committed suicide 14 years ago by gassing himself. Years later i find out that certain family members have always blamed me for his death, WHY because i had reached a point of no return myself and asked him to move out as we at home were tired of the mental physical abuse. So think very carefull before you do the same to your wife as ppl will always trey to blame someone else for your crap. start to get a life and stop feeling sorry for yourself. But also want to tell you this when he had tried before to do it i had ohoned the doctor and he told me not to bring him to the hospital and to tell him to do it at the mortuary so that petrol was not wasted to go fetch his remains. NOW GROW UP PLEASE.

Reply to penny
Posted by: Curios | 2008/11/17

Thanks it might come in hundy one day.

Reply to Curios
Posted by: RIkka | 2008/11/17

I have seen a 16 year old girl die from 10 Panado' s. She was on life support for two days and was declared brain dead and the life support was disconnected. That is the first thing we have to establish when assesing an O.D patient. Find out WHAT tabs they got in.
Believe it, don' t believe it, whatever. In your case, you took too many Lenogesics. That made you vomit, and probably involentary spasms in your stomach due to nerves - I take it you were extremely anxious when you took them. The trick is to take just enough. I would have taken about 25.

Reply to RIkka
Posted by: Curios | 2008/11/17

I drank 45 lencogesics (pain meds) started to vomit spontaneously and my urine smelled bad and turned a bit yellow that was that, so how could Panado be that much better its not even so strong?

Reply to Curios
Posted by: Rikka | 2008/11/17

I' m a nurse - I would know. If you don' t believe me, contact your nearest hospital and chat to one of the ER/Casualty nurses.
Other o.d' s can be treated by pumping your stomach, giving you charcoal tabs, but with Panado' s, you are pretty much finished.

Reply to Rikka
Posted by: Curios | 2008/11/17

S5 meds is even not garanteed and you only could get 1 packet of 30 tabs in a months time and the more tabletts you drink the better change it would upset your tummy and you' ll start to vomit. I also thought about suicide alot but I think I rather go see my phychologist as after last attempt wasn' t worth it and my plan was much better than yours, good luck. If you love your wife why not stay whith her?

Reply to Curios
Posted by: ItsOver | 2008/11/17

RIKKA: GOOD ON YOU!

Reply to ItsOver
Posted by: Rikka | 2008/11/17

I think I have had enough. Do you want to compare problems?!?!?!?!?! Cool, lets go.... I have been through a divorce, I was actually cheated on by my childhood sweetheart with my life long best friend, lost my daughter at the age of 2, was repeatedly molested by my uncle - also my Godfather!! - since I was 5 years old. My mother was an alcoholic all my life, and my father never at home.
Don' t tell me your problems are bigger than mine!!!
But you know what you coward, I got through it, I am married to a wonderful man and have a son. I never thought I would be this happy, I was convinced my life is over. SO if you really want to be dumb and stupid, why don' t you rather take 15 Panado tablets. They are mild headache pills, but taken in high doses is the most reliable method to commit suicide. 15 Panado' s is all it takes. Good luck and happy travelling to the afterlife my cowardly friend.

Reply to Rikka
Posted by: ItsOver | 2008/11/17

Doxylamine Succinate 25,00 mg

Reply to ItsOver
Posted by: Curios | 2008/11/17

How many mg are there in one pill?

Reply to Curios
Posted by: ItsOver | 2008/11/17

Ok
I' ll give you a brief version of whats going on.

I left my wife last week, because i' m gay. The only problem is i cant imagine my liefe without her, but i cant keep living a lie.

She' s my best friend and my soulmate an i' m tearing her heart into shreds.

I hate myself for doing this to her. I hate myself for feeling this way. I hate my life. I feel betrayed by God and can' t see that i' ll EVER be happy. I dont want to sit alone in a little apartment, when i decided to give up everything, but i cant stay with her cause the guilt makes me feel sick...

I' ve done EVERYTHING. Therapy, Hypnosis, mind power,
E V E R Y T H I N G !

There' s only one last thing i can do to lessen the pain.
I sincerely believe she would rather see me dead than to feel abandoned. I don' t care about the other side. I' m going to hell anyway.

I got my answer though. The sleeping pills will do it.
125 ought to be enough, or do you think i should get 2 more boxes?

Reply to ItsOver
Posted by: Rikka | 2008/11/17

You wouldn' t be writing your problem down on this site if it was REALLY over. Whatever your problem/reason is for wanting to end it all, CAN be solved. No problem or issue is ever too big to solve. I have been closer than close to suicide, had my tablets stacked out on my bed, glass of water in my hand. I had swallowed the first handfull, ran to the bathroom and made myself vomit it out. I just couldn' t go through with it. I think what kept me from doing it, is my fear of what lies beyond life - death.
I then realised that NO problem, no matter what it is, is worth killing yourself over. What about the people you leave behind?!?! If you truly love the people around you, who love you, you wouldn' t be able to do something like that to them. They are going to feel that it' s their fault, that they caused you to take your own life, that they weren' t enough of a support system for you.
I' m not talking you out of it, I' m giving you something to think about. You don' t say WHY you want to kill yourself, but whatever it is, it CAN be fixed. Don' t choose the easy way out, FIX it!

Reply to Rikka
Posted by: Anonymous | 2008/11/17

You are right the mess should be cleaned up and I even knew from a woman thats parralized after shooting her brains out and still lives. The pills I tried many times your go pail and starts to vomit and this is noticable and even when alone you could still wake up with tempory or permanent organ damage. Why don' t you phone a good phychologist because you just can' t see the solution for your problem but there are many as there are many people that loves and need you. Suicide isn' t worth it and if you fail they could even atmit you to Phychatric hospital for up to a year and that sucks. Try and think positive thoughts......