Question
Posted by: ItsOver | 2008-11-17

Suicide advice

It is over for me.

I need someone to advise me on how to do it.
I have two options, and I am not sure which one to use.

I have about 125 Somnil sleeping pills, and a gun.
I don’ t want to use the gun, cause I don’ t want my family to be stuck with the mess, but I’ m scared shitless of what the pills will do.

Please do not try to convince me NOT to do it, because I am past that point. Just tell what I will experience with the pills and whether 125 pills are enough to kill me.

Dear Its over
I'm speaking out of personal experience. Someone in my close family circle committed suicide and just it is not worth it. It does not solve problems, it just creates a whole lot of new ones and cause permanent emotional trauma to the people who love you most and whom you love most. Suicide is not a a natural choice, it happens when emotional pain exceeds resources to cope with this pain. Obviously your pain is currently unbearable. The solution is to increase your coping resources or to reduce the pain - there is help available - medication and even admission into a hospital with sleep therapy is also an option. If you don't have a medical aid, you can go to a provincial hospital and see a doctor in the outpatient department or emergency department. The risk with suicide is that if you are not successful you can cause brain damage or permanent disability to yourself with pills or the bleeding caused by a gunshotwound - this situation can be even worse than your current situation. Phone 0800 567 567 if you want to talk to someone or tell me what makes you feel so desperate?

10
Posted by: rosie | 2008-11-26

ek wil net graag weet of suicide advice dit al gedoen het of nie?? dink almal wonder

Reply to rosie
Posted by: kill ur self | 2008-11-18

jump from the pavement

Reply to kill ur self
Posted by: jagparker | 2008-11-17

Well said, JS. My first one didn' t go through, and I re-wrote it. I can understand your anger, though.
There must be SOMEONE out there who will be there for ItsOver. If not, I will be there, but dont expect me to just be nice..... I will be honest. Until I was in my 40' s I truly thought that I was not loved. Then, one day my son said to me..... " you know, Mom, God even loved Hitler" . That was the turning point in my life.
So, ItsOver, if you' d like, contact one or all of us. You never know what wonderful people there are out there, for you and your wife.

Reply to jagparker
Posted by: JS | 2008-11-17

I feel terrible about the advice I gave ItsOver. If you are still reading these comments, I apologise for my cruel advice. I was just so mad to hear that someone would want to do this.
If you feel no one in your family loves you why don' t you just start chatting with some of the people on this forums. You will find a friend here. This is a wonderful website and everyone has some kind of advice and support that they can give you. If you just tell us your problems then someone will be able to help. Hope we will hear from you again. and again sorry for my bad comment earlier. Goes to show that you should think before you act.

Reply to JS
Posted by: JS | 2008-11-17

I have an uncle who kept trying to kill himself. I still lived with my grandmother. She found him few times hanging from the ceiling and then she had to support his weight with her small old body just to keep him alive. I feel nothing for people who kill themselfs because they are selfish.
If you do decide to go on with this stupid idea, just choose a method that will work so that your family don' t have to sit next to your hospital bed if you fail and have to pay for you to get better.
If you do kill yourself just make sure you have enough money so that your family don' t have to pay for your funeral. You selfish bastard. Get a live.

I really do hope that you decide against it because someone in your family do love you and they will help you but just don' t put them through this. I know I sound like a " draadsitter" , but i really don' t feel anything for people who would do this but I would want to help someone to stop it.

Reply to JS
Posted by: Pattie | 2008-11-17

Hi there,

Do you really think that this is the way to take your life I tried it 3 times with pills doesn' t matter which way, I wish I new how old you are life goes on we all do get ups and downs it' s what you make of life

Only GOD can deside when it' s your time to go pills and guns and whateva is not the way to take your life come on this is not the way to do it.

I lost 3 friends in their 20th, guess what there parents are wrecks, pills can give you brain damaged what then ??????

dont do it think again

Reply to Pattie
Posted by: XxX | 2008-11-17

You' r rediculous!!! What can honestly be so bad that you whant to do this to yourself... Trust me there are always sumone going through worse than you are and they deal with it what can be so bad that you don' t want to face it. You are a coward, you only think of your family cleaning up behind you and not considering their feeling which mean you are selfish if you took their feelings in consideration and talk to them they will help you throug what ever you are going throu...

Reply to XxX
Posted by: y | 2008-11-17

Hang on mate. It is nor the only option. Go and see someone.
If you do' nt know whom to contact go to you GP I am sure he can refer you to someone. Go to your family and say " I Love you all" 

Reply to y
Posted by: jagparker | 2008-11-17

You are so concerned about your family being ' stuck with the mess' , and yet you don' t seem to be considering their feelings in the event of your suicide. This doesn' t make sense to me. The mess doesn' t last, they can just clean it up. But, I had a parent who commited suicide and I can tell you that the suffering lasts forever, even now, after 37 years.
I have been where you are and I can tell you that it is never quite ' over' . There' s always someone out there who cares about you and wants you to stay around.

Reply to jagparker
Posted by: rosse | 2008-11-17

no matter what route you going to take you will leave your family with the mess with both!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to rosse