Question
Posted by: anon | 2012/10/16

suicide

hi, i attempted suicide without realising i was doing it. i walked into my room and drank every tablet in sight. It was by chance that I was found. i was on camcolit at the time. i now take zoloft 50mg everyday that my home doc prescribed for me. It just worries me that I would do something like that again. Could it have been the meds i was on that made me do that? I just dont want to see any pysciatrists anymore as my husband does not agree with me seeing them as he believes that i am fine and they just drug me and make me sick.

I don't really understand how one could attempt suicide without realizing it. Did your meds ( or anything else you might be taking, or drinking , or smoking ) make you so confused that you took all your tablets without realizing this was dangerous and not in the least useful ?
If your husband disagrees with you seeing a psychiatrist, then he is an ignorant and prejudiced, dangerous fool. That would be the appropriate specialist for you to see ; and drugs like Camcolit etc are serious meds, powerfully useful if used properly and for the proper reasons, but not otherwise. They're used for Bipolar Disorder, which is beyond the skills of most GPs to make the right diagnsis and work out the right treatments
You don't need your husband's consent to see the right specialist and get the treatment you need.

2
Posted by: anon | 2012/10/18

I dont take anything else or drink or smoke or take drugs. i was given camcolit and serequal by a psychiatrist originally and that is when i had that epsiode where i almost took my own life. I dont remember doing it or why. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder but my husband reckons that i used to be a normal person before i was put onto medication and then i just deteriorated. After this i took myself off camcolit and the serequal and asked the home doc to give me something which is now zoloft. i just hope im doing the right thing to avoid having me bump myself off by mistake. and as i say my husband has stopped complaining

Reply to anon