Question
Posted by: Mommy and wife | 2012/06/04

Suicide

Hi Doc.....I have been working in the psychiatric field for more than 10 yrs.....It was always a matter a great concern when a pt started talking about suicide....every body wanted to help, exct. I always thought its very selfish to considder suicide.....and I connected it to being very depressed. But lately I have been feeling more and more lonely and isolated and suicide has became an alternative to me as part of my options for problemsolving. I am surprised about how rational I think about this.....its not an emotional state where I cant think straight. It has started to become a reality to me that this is actually possible. Where I always saw it as being selfish, I am at this point now and I dont see it as being selfish......I look at my 2 young children and think that they will be sad, but somehow they will be fine without me....I look at my husband and think, this will set him free to have more time to himself and not me wanting attention and love anymore.....The only thing that stops me is my elderly parents who will be devestated. I now truely am at a place where I think professionals must respect a person if they dont want to live anymore....its their right to choose when they had enough? What surprises me is that I thought a person must be almost mad to come to a point of suicide....I dont feel mad.....I just feel sad, overwhelmed and terribly lonely and cant think of one reason except my parents, to carry on. Everything seems a waste of time anyway, we are all going to die anyway, so why not sooner than later?

Dear Mommy and wife,

Your posting really moved me and I feel such compassion and empathy for your feelings of despair and depression.

You have posted your plight on the sexology forum and this is not my area of speciality.

That said I would strongly advise that you reach out and see a psychologist and/or psychiatrist who would best be able to advise you and offer you the support and assistance you definitely are in need of.

7
Posted by: Jonathan | 2012/06/04

If I may ask - what is it that makes you feel that way? Are you having trouble in the marriage - or tons of debt - a bad job?? There must be something. I think most of us have bad Days - sometimes very bad - and sometimes you feel down and out for no reason whatsoever. I know that I myself get extremely depressed sometimes. It can be anything - a sad song on the Radio - a fond memory from your Childhood - even Family problems. I tend to get the impression that your husband is unaware of your feelings - or he''s just not giving much support - but I could be wrong. So in your opinion- what is making you feel this way?

Reply to Jonathan
Posted by: XXX | 2012/06/04

PLEASE forget these thoughts as your family will miss you terribly.Try and think positive thoughts and remember all the good times.The wheel does turn and you will feel much better soon.
Come chat to us here if you wish.Also seek professional help and try the Cybershrink forum.
God bless

Reply to XXX
Posted by: Mandisa | 2012/06/04

Mom &  Wife.....Been through exactly what you seem to be going through right now. " Suicide" , taken simply as a word, is such a strong, final, scarey, worrisome word and sometimes maybe we should use the word " Time-out"  instead. When I feel so desperate that I want out, I lie in a foetal position on the bed and eventually fall asleep forcing myself to count my blessings and think only of the good in my life. It works for me, perhaps not straight away but certainly by the next day I feel better.
My parents also played a huge roll in my life and they were the first thoughts in my distressed mind. Lost my dad in 1999 and my dearest mom only 6 weeks ago but know they still care about me. Have a wonderful hubby and three great children so wonder sometimes WHY I feel so distressed at times. Must be those damn hormones - dont let them get the better of you!!
Strength to you ((())))

Reply to Mandisa
Posted by: M | 2012/06/04

Sometimes in life we encounter such difficult situation, we tend loose hope, forget that there’ s tomorrow. That thought was erased away by thinking about my two kids, I thought about their future, the pains and questions that will be left on their minds, my friend don’ t be selfish, the pains you are experiencing now will be over before you know it. You can change the thoughts. There are lot of people who still loves you, the world doesn’ t hate you, and you are being loved by someone

Reply to M
Posted by: RAFFIE | 2012/06/04

Please do not do it. You have so much to live for. Believe in God and you will come through this. I will pray for you.

Reply to RAFFIE
Posted by: anon | 2012/06/04

I think you posted on the incorrect forum, but I want to encourage you, your family needs you, you children would never understand, and you are greatly loved, not just by parents, but by your children, by Jesus who wants to save you. You are special, you are loved, and you need to be there for those who love you, even when it doesnt feelm like it. please,please talk to someone, I dont know how you are feeling, but I thought thec same way, losing my businness, and all I had ever worked for, I have a family to support, so I thought suicide a good option, but it never is, it hurts those around you, and whatever you arec facing, you will come through, God iswith you, lean on Him

Reply to anon
Posted by: sexologist | 2012/06/04

Dear Mommy and wife,

Reply to sexologist