Question
Posted by: Loser | 2010/10/13

Suicidal/Being used/Feeling no worth-work related

Please please assist me? I am been working as a travel consultant for the last 6yrs. 2 months ago, the Director asked me to help her with an international order, that has no relation to my work and I have no background of doing " stock orders"  that has nothing to do with travel. Now she is being penalised by Customs for R360.000.00 because I send an invoice 2 days late. I''m devasted and feel like I cannot be held responsible, she does not expect me to pay up, but this is absurd. I feel useless and like quitting, but work is so scares.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: SUICIDAL / BEING USED / FEELING NO WORTH - WORK RELATED

As long as your employer is not taking any disciplinary action against you, I do not believe that you should tender your resignation.

3
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2010/10/19

Reply to Labour Lawyer
Posted by: NOT A LOSER | 2010/10/15

Dazee, you are the sweetest thing, thank you very much for the positive feedback. You are right, everything is ok again and she always makes me feel better, she is a very nice woman. (The Director) You are right, I don''t like it when I mess up once in a while, it makes me complete depressed. I must just breathe and get over it. Have a lovely weekend, and thank you so much

Reply to NOT A LOSER
Posted by: Dazee | 2010/10/14

You are obviously a perfectionist in your work. I know, I am the same.
I cannot HANDLE making a mistake and I want to die if I get any negative critisism.
Everyone makes a mistake and then SOME feel useless afterwards and SOME feel nothing afterwards.
You will feel like that for a while, but hey, we are all human.
All will be cool. Stick it out and carry on doing your best.
Good Luck

Reply to Dazee