Question
Posted by: RV | 2011-09-25

Suggestions?

I am a 27 year old female, 1.53m, 59kg. I would like to weigh about 50kg, what do you think my ideal weight will be? At the moment my eating habbits are more or less: Breakfast: Instant Oats and coffee. Midmorning: Apple. Lunch: Cup-of-Soup Light with low GI bread. Midafternoon: Apple. Dinner: Vegetables and tuna. How much vegatables can I eat? At the moment I don''t drink 2L water per day, if I do, will this help me to loose weight quicker? I exercise 30min 4 times per week, and 60min 3 times per week. Do you have any other diet suggestions? While I am trying to loose weight, I try so avoid social gatherings (I like wine etc!), once I am at my ideal weight, how can I balance social life with staying healthy can keeping the weight off? How much weight can I expect to loose per week?

Dear RV
Your present BMI = 25,2, which is just above the upper level of the normal range (18-25). To achieve an ideal BMI of 22, you would need to weigh 51 kg, so your goal is realistic. The diet you describe is very low in energy and tends to lack calcium, so do try to add 3 servings of fat-free milk or yoghurt to your intake. You may also find that if you do the amount of exercise you mention that you start lacking energy. If this should happen have some additional low-GI carbs (e.g. ProVita with your snacks and brown rice of pasta made from Durum wheat at supper). You should lose at least 0,5 to 1 kg per week on this regimen. It is a good idea to avoid social gatherings while you are losing weight because alcohol like wine provides 29 kJ per gram or ml and can derail weightloss. Once you have reached your goal weight, you can start socialising again, but apply all the rules and tips to reduce the energy intake of such events: have as few alcoholic drinks as possible; dilute your alcohol with water, soda water, ice cubes or artificially sweetened cold drinks; eat only low-fat snacks and keep your portions moderate.
Good luck with your weightloss

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-09-26

Dear RV
Good luck with your weightloss