Question
Posted by: Sasha-Lee | 2011/11/05

sugar n fruit

I desperately want to lose 5 kgs BEFORE 1 December. I already started drinking water n jogging 3 tmes a week. I was eating a fruit salad with low fat yoghurt and someone told me I shouldnt be eating fruits because they have sugar, instead I should eat more veges and will resume eating fruits after I lose the 5kgs ????what do you think ?????

Dear Sasha-Lee
If you reduce your fat intake (37 kJ per gram) then you will lose those 5 kg. Eating fruits and vegetables is a good idea because these foods are usually low in energy, fat-free, low-GI and filled with protective nutrients like vitamins and minerals. Eating fruit salad with low-fat or fat-free yoghurt will help you lose weight as will eating a fresh bowl of salad made with lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes,carrots, beetroot, onions, etc and fat-free cottage cheese. I would personally vary between the fruit salad and the vegetable salad for the sake of keeping my diet interesting.
Increase your jogging as you get fitter to stimulate your metabolism and you will lose those 5 kg, unless you are already underweight?

1

Dear Sasha-Lee