Question
Posted by: James Thorpe | 2012-04-20

Sugar levels

I bought a book about preventing ageing and the author advised the readers to buy a bloodsugar tester.

I''m 64 and my sugarlevels are very low, after visiting the gym I sometimes get readings from 0.7 to 1.5

My average readings on a quite day is round about 2.5

Is this normal for my age ?

I don''t like sweer food or snacks and don''t even use sweet drinks on training runs or cycling trips.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi James, thank you for the question.

Your levels certainly seem to be too low; my advice would be to see you family doctor who can perform a similar test in his/her consulting rooms and if the low sugar is verified a more sensitive blood sugar level should be done at the lab. Low levels of glucose (sugar) in the blood can be linked to specific medical conditions and these should be excluded.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2012-04-24

Hi James, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert