Question
Posted by: Lovedelia | 2010/04/12

Sugar Level

On Friday i experience a problem with my vision, i saw reflections everything was too bright for me and could only see what was in front of me, i asked my colleague she advised me that my sugar level was either low or high, i know i dont take too much sugar, my level is 4.4 and i dont know what should the normal level be, should i be worried? could it be diabetes, what can i take as prevention?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Ld

Although many factors may influence blood glucose levels, 4.4 to 7.2 mmol/L is generally considered normal. After a meal it may be slightly higher, but should ideally not rise above 10 mmol/L.
To prevent low levels try not to skip meals unnecessarily.

2
Posted by: John | 2010/04/15

4.4 is very good sugar level. if mine is smaller than 3, I feel sick.
Your eyes and sugar are not something to play with. Go for propper sugar test and see an Ophthalmologist for your eyes.
I lost 40% of eye sight due to sugar!

Reply to John
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/04/13

Hi Ld

Reply to pharmacist