Posted by: Lourens | 2009-04-13

sugar intolerence

i recentley found that my allergen levels were extreemley high (about 580) according to a blood test. i also had dark rings under my eyes and suffered from severe tiredness. thru elimination prosesses with my husband found that sugar could be the problem. i switched to brown sugar in my diet s far as possible. i found that within two weeks i had more energy, the dark rings faded. my doughter seems to have the same problem and diabetes runs in the family. brown sugar does not have the same effect. i would love to know why?

Dear Lourens
White sugar is only more refined that brown sugar ( molasses removed) and it also has slightly less calories than white sugar. It may also have some other nutritional values that get lost during the refinement process of white sugar. I would think that if you are sensitive to white sugar, brown sugar may have the same effect, unless you use less brown sugar than you would have use white sugar?