Question
Posted by: Ashleigh | 2012/03/19

Sugar free home made sauces

Any ideas for sugar free home sauces ?? IM trying to lose some weight and I heard normal sauces from supermarket are laden with sugar. i NEED ideas for homemade sauces. Currently Im using olive oil , BALSAMIC vinegar n garlic AND I mix them together and sprinkle in my salads. AS for pastas n stirfries I DONT know what to use. any ideas ?

Dear Ashleigh
There are a number of non-nutritive sweeteners available that can certainly be used in sauces such as aspartame, stevia, neotame or sucralose. Keep an eye on the DietDoc site because I intend writing a DietDoc Topic on the subject of artificial sweeteners based on a symposium I attended a few weeks ago.
I hope you will be able to use some of these sweeteners in your sauces. I am not sure why you need to use any sweetener in pastas and stirfries??? Just make the most delicious fresh tomato and basil sauce for the pasta and a garlic, ginger, oil and Balsamic mix for the stir fries.
Enjoy

1

Dear Ashleigh
Enjoy