Question
Posted by: hvm | 2010/06/08

Sugar during pregnancy

Hi i am 23 weeks pregrant some people told me sweets, sugar things and fizzy drinks will make my baby have jaundice, i was also told that they will make my baby cries, eish i am now panicking and everybody tells me different stories i dont know which one to believe, please help

No this is not true. If you eat too many sweets you will gain weight though and this may be hard to shed later.

3

Posted by: Desirè  | 2010/06/08

hi, im 25 weeks pregnant, and my doctor also told me to cut down on sugar, aswell as caffeine.He said he is actually more worried about the sugar than the caffeine, as i used to live on Coke. i think its best you ask him. he would know best!
Good luck,i still use sugar, and have chocolate, just dont have Coke anymore and use less sugar.

Reply to Desir&#232 
Posted by: S | 2010/06/08

Hi. I think they are talking nonsence. The only reason to cut down on sugar i think, would be to reduce the amount of weight you gain, (and of course to eat mor healthily) You only need to cut out foods containing caffeine (chocolates, coke, coffee etc.) You can drink Tab as it is caffeine free.

Reply to S