Posted by: Julia | 2012-07-28

sugar craving

I am a 62 year old woman. My blood sugar reading indicated that I might have insulin resistance and could become diabetic. I asked the doctor if I could try to rectify this without medication and he is supportive of this. However, although I am taking natural supplements with my doctor''s knowledge, to help balance my blood sugar and steady my appetite, although I am doing my best to follow a diet from a dietician to satisfy my appetite but also reduce refined carbohydrates and although I am trying to exercise more, I am not doing well. Almost every day I reach a point when I feel both physically drained and hungry and just must have something really sweet and fruit won''t do- it needs to be pudding or baked goods. I feel better after eating these- all warm and relaxed-but then I get very sleepy, as would be expected. When this craving hits I try to start with protein- cheese, canned fish, etc but it doesn''t help - I still eat the sweet stuff, I think even more than I would have without the protein, so I end up eating more than I should of everything. I am exercising a bit, but not half enough. I just feel so heavy (I am heavy) and drained of energy. I also have developed a very fine rash (almost invisible but I can feel the tiny bumps) on my torso, especially my lower abdomen. It itches especially in the evenings. I realise that I must be making myself ill, but I really need advice on how to help myself, as I still want to avoid medication.

It is imperative that you consult your doctor for a glucose tolerance test, fasting insulin level and lipid profile. If you are pre-diabetic, you will need medication. Insulin resistance is treated with Glucophage, which has a very good safety profile. Ask your doctor to examine the rash on your abdomen, as it might be due to a Candida infection.

Posted by: Bev | 2012-07-30

A friend of mine was a type 2 diabetic on insulin when she started drinking Xango juice. After a few months of taking approximately 60mls per day her doctor took her off the insulin as her blood levels had stabilized completely! It is a completely natural product made from the mangosteen fruit from South East Asia. Please google xango testimonies and you will see what this product has done to help folks.
Please contact me should you be interested (
Kind regards

Reply to Bev
Posted by: Peter | 2012-07-30

Please obtain and read the following books about low/no carbohydrate diets or rather lifestyles:
Challenging Beliefs - Professor Tim Noakes
Why we get fat and what to do about it - Gary Taubes.

Works like magic without starving yourself!

Reply to Peter