Question
Posted by: Anonymousy | 2009/10/20

sugar and blood pressure

The diabetes expert just never answers questions so poor old cyberdoc, you have to do their work!
I am overweight, menopausal, 60. I am working on losing weight slowly and steadily, getting fit in the same way.
I am a bit concerned because my BP is around 145/80 and my blood glucose levels are around 6-7, depending on what i' ve been eating and doing.My cholesterol is normal
For how long can I continue with these raised levels without it harming my heart, kidneys etc?
I really want to avoid medication if at all possible, but it is probably going to be a year before I am my ideal weight.
can my body hold out this long without being compromised?

Dear Anonymousy
I am not too concerned about the bloodpressure as it is still just borderline high, and the blood glucose levels are also not that high, so you can probably get away without medication at the moment. I would just advise you to keep a very close eye on the BP and fasting sugar levels and if it increases you should start medication. Good luck with losing weight - you are approaching it the right way!Exercising daily will reduce insulin resistance and will probably cause a lowering of the blood glucose levels.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/10/20

Dear Anonymousy

Reply to cyberdoc