Posted by: penny | 2009-03-31

Hi doc,
i am a bit overweight and I have borderline blood sugar levels so I take diabecinn and chromium piconilate, obviously also watching my diet- never having a high GI food alone, but always with low GI, and trying to follow a sensible weight loss plan. Do you know of any proof that these products can actually help with rising blood sugar levels? I am not at all keen to take glucophage but if these supplements don' t work I don' t want to be flushing my money down the toilet. Same with my blood pressure- i take that sugar cane extract thing cholesterolex for cholesterol - has it been proven? I know that I also need to exercise more and lose weight to fix my blood pressure.

Dear Penny
you may have to ask the natural health expert about these products - personally I think eating a right diet (low GI, low fat, lots of vegetables) plus 30 min exercise per day is enough to keep your blood sugar levels under control.