Question
Posted by: riana | 2009-03-25

Suffering from pnd and major depression

I have been diagnosed with post natal depression just after the birth of my first child and with major depression after the second pregnancy, but am not using any anti depressant mediction anymore. Ive got a problem speaking to people sometimes or most of times and they willl start by listening, but end up attendind to someone else and it is really frustrating me.

I am a very good listener when coming to discussions and can always also give someone good advice. I just feel people has got a dominating effect on me, or maybe my topics are boring.

Is it because of my mental status that i am feeling this way, or do i just have to let go and make peace with it.

Sometimes i also feel as if i can pretend thet i do not hear what they say, but i just do not have the guts to do that.

Please need advice desperately.

Its not clear from your message whether you feel you are currently depressed, or now only suffering from a sort of social anxiety disorder. Sounds like you may have problems in self-esteem and self-confidence. Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy, CBT counselling, could help a lot in this respect, and can also help with depression