Question
Posted by: KAMO | 2010/08/11

SUFFERING FROM NON STOP FLU- MAY - UPTODATE

I have battling with the flu from May on the 13th May I went to the Doctor gave me some Antibiotic and cough mixture . the flu didn''t stop at all I took some Acc 200, Corenzo C, Merk Fed , Active Fed &  Flusin tables but the running nose doesn''t stop at all . At night I get block nose and the mucus is thick and green . on the the 21 July I went back to another doctor and gave me some Antibiotic again but the flu doesn''t go away at all. I am tired of taking all this medicine but nothing helps. My cough is not bad at all. Should I be worried or is the seasonal whether change? What is the best thing to take to get rid of this flu

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Kamo

Everyone seem to battle to shake off the flu this year. In general all you can do is to treat the symptoms as you've been doing and to see your should an infection set in. Otherwise take plenty of VIT C and a good immune system booster and, if possible, get plenty of bedrest - Even take a sickday or two if possible.

2
Posted by: Tkay | 2010/08/18

Thank you for this question Kamo,

I also had flu from the 28th of July &  went to see doc on the 31st of Aug, flu has gone away, now it''s just this irritating cough that just won''t go away, it feels like it''s itchy in my throat &  i just have to cough, i bought some cough mixture (Benylin) on Monday now jusst waiting to see how it goes.

Thanks doc i did get some immune system boosters.

Reply to Tkay
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/08/12

Hi Kamo

Reply to pharmacist