Posted by: Renata | 2009-03-13

Suffering from insomnia

I have been suffering from insomnia since diagnosed with depression after my son' s birth in 1997. I consulted a psychologist and he than refered me to a psychiatrist, then prescribed me some antidepressants and sleeping pills. Im am very much better now, i am not taking the medication anymore, but just find it very difficult to sleep most of time. Could you please help.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Sleep problems are typically associated with depression. You should discuss this with the psychiatrist.

Posted by: sjn | 2009-04-17

I have been taking wrong medication,first the doctor said I am pregnant,then the other doctor said I have sists in my womp,then the Hospitals priscriped high blood pills,my heart started pumping fast and I stop drinking pills, none off this pills worked,except there is nothing in my womp,the problem is I can' t sleep anymore even if I take sleeping pills.

Reply to sjn
Posted by: Friend | 2009-03-18

Peet, I am not sure who keeps on prescribing your sleeping pills for you but if that Dr dies one day, or emigrates and the prescriptions run out - you are going to go through H-E-L-L!!!
I know, I have been there!!!!!
Try ever so slowly to start to cut down on your sleeping pills, Even if it takes you years, cut down because one day my friend, if you don' t - you are going to remember my warning to you that this is a very dangerous path you are on and having to come off these pills quickly is going to be your VERY worst nightmare!

Reply to Friend
Posted by: peet | 2009-03-17

i suffer from insomnia for 50 years drink pilla every night please help

Reply to peet
Posted by: Bernie | 2009-03-16

Renata have you tried exercise? It worked for me! A good workout at my local gym and my sleeping problems are a thing of the past. I found cardio exercise to be the best to prevent those sleepless nights.

Reply to Bernie
Posted by: Jane | 2009-03-15

Renata, my problem seems to be the same as yours. I always have sleeping pills handy, even though I don' t use them very regularly. I came to the conclusion today that my problem could stem from the days when I suffered so much from lack of sleep because of the depression, you know, when you wake up in the middle of the night and can' t go back to sleep?
I think that fear is still with me. I am sitting here now, at 1.23am, and I am really scared to go to bed!

Reply to Jane