Posted by: Dry eys | 2010-06-25

Suffering from Dry Eyes

Hi there Doc,

I am living in Gauteng with our dry, dusty winter suffering terribly from extremely dry, irritated, itchy and scratchy eyes. Sometimes they are so watery and red as well as dry. I take omega 3 fatty acids, eat a balanced diet use a humidifier etc. Recently the GP gave me drops which didn''t help and I had collagen plugs inserted into my lids. This hasn''t seemed to help either. It is very distressing for me. Do you have any advice as to what I can do? I have read that in Chinese medicine eyes /kidneys/liver could be affected - what would you recommend may help my eyes. These temporary plugs apparently dissolve within 2 - 6 months. I am not in a position to move to the coast.

Thank you for your help.

Expert ImageNatural health

you can use Allergin A drops from Medford in PTA. This helps to soothe dry, irritated dry eyes. If need be I can order it for you, I am in Bryanston.

Dr Debbie