Posted by: Veronica | 2012-04-27

Sued I try for one more.?

Hi I had my last baby at just under 29 weeks. He was very little as my placenta was to small and I had pre eclampsia. 2 days before the baby was born i got help syndrome and almost died. The baby was a fertility baby, tried for 3 years. I am scared to try again. But I already have a very big gap between my 2 kids and would really love the little one to get a play mate.
Would you think it is safe for me to try again.

Dear Veronica

As this is not a fertility related question I will give you a very brief answer to question. Anyone that has experienced pre-eclampsia in a pregnancy has a higher risk of developing pre-eclampsia in a subsequent pregnancy. It is therefore not safe but I suggest that you see your gynaecologist who has attended to you in your previous pregnancy and reassess your situation presently and then you make an informed decision whether to go ahead with it or not.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo