Question
Posted by: poka-mom | 2008/10/21

Sudden skull dent

My 17 year old daughter just discovered a huge dent in her skull. Right at the top of her head towards the back of about 8cm from one side to the other. I am concerned as she plays with her hair compulsively and would have noticed it before. This was at 10pm on the 21st October. Please could you point me in the right direction to check it out.

Dear Poka-mom
If this developed suddenly she may need a x/ray to see what the underlying cause is - your GP will be able to organize this for you

3
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/01/21

So what was the outcome?

Posted by: Poka-mom | 2008/10/22

Thanks guys, will take your advice.

Reply to Poka-mom
Posted by: Ruby | 2008/10/22

Hello,
I dont know where you live, but if you are in Gauteng, I would take her to the Fourways Life Hospital. The doctors at this hospital is very good and this hospital is level 11 which means that they must be able to deal with anything. All the doctors there are brilliant and the doctor dealing with rare diseases (Dr Hudson) is really the best. I would take her to the emergency room that she can see a doctor there and the doctor on duty will be able to refer her to the right specialist if needed. They have really the best equipment at this hospital (apparently it is Life' s flagship hospital). I have a rare disease and was going from specialist to specialist (really good ones)and no-one was sure what was wrong with me. When I was finally admitted to fourways life, the doctors there could figure out what was wrong and treat me. I am well now :-) All the best!!

Reply to Ruby