Question
Posted by: Andre | 2009-02-18

sudden skew lip with metallic taste in mouth

hi. my wife woke up with a metallic taste in her mouth and her bottom lip pulls skew to the left, similar to Sylvester Stallone. she had an anxiety attack about 4 weeks ago which caused slurred speech, lame right arm and confusion. this lasted only 1 day. could it be related to that incident?

Dear Andre
Rather take her to your doctor - this may be a kind of temporary stroke or TIA and needs further investigation. I also doubt if the previous attack was just an anxiety attack. This may increase her risk for getting a full blown stroke so needs to be treated preventatively as soon as possible.
See http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/tia/tia.htm