Question
Posted by: Evelyn Samuel | 2012-06-19

sudden, sharp sporadic pain behind the right eye

Dear sir

I am experiencing sudden pain from the brain to back of the right eye. My pressure is normal but sugar diabetes is hereditary in my family.
am VERY worried and saw my GP but would also appreciate your expert advice.

Evelyn

I strongly suggest that you consult your doctor for a fasting glucose and fasting insulin test, to determine if your diabetes is well controlled. I also suggest that you consult a neurologist for a MRI scan of your brain, to find a possible cause for your symptoms. Are you referring to blood pressure or the pressure behind your eye? If you are referring to blood pressure, I strongly suggest that you first consult an opthalmologist, to exclude glaucoma.