Question
Posted by: Mrs Ackles | 2009/02/18

Sudden oily scalp

I have always been very lucky having healthy hair. I only needed to wash my hair about once a week. When i fell pregnant last year, my hair suddenly changed to being oily, needing a wash almost every day. I thought it was because of preg hormones and after a while it went away. My baby is almost 4months now, and suddenly the oily hair is back. Is there something causing this and what can i do to get it back to normal???????

Dear Mrs Ackles
Oily hair like oily skin is caused by increased androgen hormones - ask your doctor to check the levels with a blood test? Taking a contraceptive like Diane may help.